Friday, August 1, 2008

Did You Realize That You Were a Champion?

I was just browsing the internet and I ran across some photos I really like. My pops (I have a stepdad whom I call dad...my real father I refer to as Pop) and I like to talk basketball every now and again. He is a basketball fanatic. I remember everytime we got together for a visit, whether short or extended, he would have me in somebody's gym, at least once, watching him play. Pop is short....for a man. He's about 5'6, maybe even 5'5. His height has never taken anything away from his game though. He plays with a lot of heart and with all his strength. I've always admired that about him. We used to watch NBA games when I was a kid and Muggsy Bogues was one of the most talked about players. I mean damn...that man is like my size. But I tell you what, his little ass gave everyone of those NBA players a run for their money. No doubt about it.
You see all that air? WTF?!?! My pops had a smile on his face from beginning to end of every Muggsy game. A smile like 'yeah nigga, WHAT!'. I know for a fact that seeing him play caused him to feel that much more confident on the court.
I don't know if ya'll have ever seen him play, but this man was QUICK. I'm talkin' 'bout stupid fast. He'd steal the ball from one of them 7 footers and they wouldn't have even seen him comin'...literally. Look at the picture above...see that little slick smile, lol.
They just couldn't hold him. Muggsy was a bad mothafucka ya'll. I'm dead serious.
Just to show how he looked in comparison to some of his fellow NBA players. He was pictured above with Manute Bol, his one-time teammate. I think Bol was like 7'7"...or 7'6".


This picture is one of my favorite Muhammad Ali shots.

First round. First minute. Knocked his ass out. Ali won't neva scared, lol. He was always full of confidence and fought with heart and soul. Can't nobody fight that smooth and fluid without some soul. I don't care what you say. Ali became the youngest to hold the Heavyweight Championship title when he whipped Sonny Liston's ass.

My Point: Work hard, exude confidence in ALL you do, and put some soul in it. You'll realize your inner champion...believe me.

1 comment:

  1. Blood of a slave,Heart of A King, Soul of a Warrior, yeah I know what it takes to be a champion.
    Damn reading this blog I feel like I'm just suppose to play the song by Kanye.

    ReplyDelete

what you think?