Sunday, July 27, 2008

I Don't Need No Introduction and Shit...

Hello all...or whoever is reading. I am currently a student, at ODU in Virginia, pursuing a degree in English. At 16 I became the mother of a phenomenal little girl. She is truly the light of my life. (cliche' i know...but seriously) I admit, it gets extremely hard being a mother sometimes. Not because my girl is a terror, but because I'm young. I don't know what it feels like to be twenty-something and just get up and go. I never really got to experience a truly independent, live for yourself, do what the hell you want lifestyle. When I explain to her the reasons she should wait for marriage to have a baby that will be my main point. I'm going to tell her to enjoy her life...on her own terms. Live however fast or slow she wants to, because when you become a mother (a good one) a lot of shit stops. Most of it for the good, but who the hell cares when you're young?


A little about myself. I love to read and as such I will probably "talk" a lot about what I read. I am a book fanatic, but I also read magazines, blogs, and pretty much anything else with words. I feel like reading is a sure way to enhance vocabulary, broaden aspects on a variety of things, educate, and enlighten the mind. Bottom line: Buy me a book and maybe we can be friends.


If I could choose one talent I would definitely choose art. I've always imagined myself in this big ass, Manhattan studio. The studio had a side for my reading and writing (which I am also passionate about but I don't do it nearly enough), and a side for my painting, sketching, scultpting...I would be hard at work when my dream man (who looks something like Idris Elba)

comes into my studio (the man is so on that he got a key ya'll), grabs me from behind, and gives me kisses all over my neck and shoulders. Idris -ahem- Dream Man would look at the piece I'm working on and give me his feedback, which is always positive 'cuz he loves his boo. I'd stand there looking cute in one of his old, button-ups, paint smeared on my cheek. I don't know ya'll, it was just a dream. Or a vision, rather, of how my life would be if only I could paint.

Hate to cut this short, but I just got back from Florida and I'm tired as tired can be.

2 comments:

what you think?